I didn’t always like to read. In fact, I think I made it through high school without reading one solitary book (with the exception of maybe a Dr. Seuss book here and there when I was a kid).
Now it’s a different story. It’s hard to get a book out of my hand. I feed on books in almost the same way that I gorge myself at a Chinese buffet. At any rate, I thought I might share with you some of the books that I’m currently reading or have read in the past couple of weeks.
- The Word on Finances – Larry Burkett
An invaluable collection of Scriptures that speak to the issues of finance and stewardship.
- Personal Finances – Larry Burkett
A small book that offers incredible insights and helpful practices to developing a proper financial game plan.
- The Surprising Power of Family Meals – Miriam Weinstein
Explains how eating together makes us smarter, stronger, healthier, and happier.
- First Impressions: Creating Wow Experiences in Your Church – Mark L. Waltz
An engaging and insightful book that provides “customer service” principles to enhance your church environment without losing the appropriate heart of the gospel.
- 7 Practices of Effective Ministry – Andy Stanley
7 strategic principles that will help bring focus and clarity to everything you do in ministry.
- Creating Community – Andy Stanley
A powerful guide to cultivating a culture of community and a small group environment in your church.
- Serving as a Church Greeter – Leslie Parrott
A greeter’s manual to being an effective “first point of contact” to guests who visit your church.