Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership
Dec 7, 2007 |
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered – love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives – do good anyway.
- If you’re successful, you’ll win false friends and true enemies – succeed anyway.
- The good do today will perhaps be forgotten tomorrow – do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable – be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest man with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest man with the smallest mind – think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only hot dogs – fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight – build anyway.
- People really need help but may attack you if you help them – help them anyway.
- Give the world the best that you have and you will get kicked in the teeth – give the world the best that you have anyway.
- If better is possible, then good is not enough.