How annoying is it when you hold open a door for someone and they blow right past you without even a “thank you” or a gesture of gratitude? I mean you do it just because you’re nice, and you’re not really looking for anything in return, but inside you still long for some small acknowledgement of your generosity. And when they whiz right on by you gabbing on their cell phone, completely oblivious that the world really doesn’t revolve around them, you get this empty feeling of wondering why you just opened the door for them. The truth is we don’t like it when people are ungrateful.
During this holiday season, I want to make sure that I’m not the one whizzing by those around me that have shown me favor and kindness. I want to take a moment to let you know that you mean the world to me. And I would like to say thank you especially to:
- God – I am nothing without you, thank you for giving me life and a reason to live it.
- My wife – My closest friend, you challenge and inspire me everyday to be the man I’m supposed to be. You go 1000% to be the most amazing wife and mother anyone could ever ask for.
- My son – You make me smile everyday. I am so blessed to have you in my life.
- My parents – You have been my rock and foundation. Thank you for believing in me.
- My siblings – There is no one on the planet that could ever replace you. Your friendship is priceless (and I’m sorry for all the nasty things I said about you when I was younger).
- My in-laws – You gave me the most precious gift in the world, your daughter. Thank you.
- My friends – You know who you are. I am blessed beyond measure to have you in my life.
Quote of the Day
An ungrateful man is like a hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from.
– Timothy Dexter